Friday, September 23, 2011

Day Forty: Unwanted - fine with me

Grylock got pretty mad at me today, diary, when I told him that I wouldn’t be able to get him into the east wing of the castle. He called me useless, told me to bring him some booze and kicked me out of his quarters.

(I wish we could switch rooms - his place is a lot bigger than mine, and he’s, like, a third my size. I bet goblins ENJOY tiny closets.)

Life’s not fair to the hard workers, diary. I tried my best! I tried to convince the royal guards to let me pass! Or I would have, if they hadn’t, thrown me out of the east wing as soon as I entered the passage to the workshops. There was a squad of ‘em waiting for me. I don’t think I’ll be going down there any time soon. Hell, I don’t think anybody’s going down there any time soon, though I did pass The Baron on the way out. He just smiled at me and kept going. Wonder if Prince Logan sneaked in after all.

Grylock was feeling ill and told me to bug off when I came back with his alcohol, so I’ve been in the library for the rest of my shift. Captain Cedric and the other guards won’t bother comin’ in here. I think I’m safe. Robert the Librarian always enjoys company, and he’s happy to get a chance to see you at last, diary. (He’s promised not to read you. Only person in the castle who’s done that much, I think.)

Robert's also the only one who isn't sick. The librarian, not the brother. The brother is looking rough, which is bad for the guy who prepares everyone's meals. What the hell’s going around this place lately? Last I saw, Libby was coughing up a storm as well... but I feel fine...

Anyway. Robert’s gonna show me some new books he got, so I’m off early. I’ll take you back to the rat farms later.

Sincerely,

Dragomir the Guard

No comments:

Post a Comment