Friday, September 30, 2011

Day Forty-Five: Sanctuary


The journey continues, diary, and gods is it taking forever. I still have no idea how long it’ll take me to get to Goblinoster. I can’t even see the stupid city in the distance anywhere. I just keep spotting little zombie settlements, and, er, they have me scared. There are a lot.

I don’t get it. I know I’m following the goblins. I know I’m going the right way. There’s only one Goblinoster, and all of the goblins live there. I think. Why would these wagon tracks lead anywhere else? I’ve checked the map The Baron gave me about a billion times, but the stupid thing probably isn’t to scale... Goblinoster looks so close on paper. Bah. Geographers are STUPID, I say.

Or are they called something else? I can't remember. Mappers? Map-makers? Artists with too much time on their hands? BAH

The weather’s pretty hot, diary, even though we’re getting into fall. The heat doesn’t change much until the months move into winter. Then the snows come down like nobody’s business. I really hope this whole stupid trip is done well before then. Though I could use some cooler air.

Yep.

Okay, so, there's not a whole lot to say, diary. I'll admit that. I'm boring.

Best thing I've found so far today was tonight's shelter: a little forest. Trees have been kinda sparse since I left the castle, and water even more so. There’s a tiny spring in the forest that will fill my canteen, and the animals here should keep Philip happy. Best part is, I can start a little fire here without alerting the zombies on the plains around me. I've been itching to melt some of this cheese into the rat stew Robert sent along.

Just hope I don’t burn down the forest. That, ah, would be really bad. But, ha ha, I'd have to be REALLY STUPID to do that, right? Right. And I'm not.

Sincerely,

Dragomir the Adventurer

No comments:

Post a Comment