Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Day Seventy-Two: The great escape


I'm feeling much better now, diary. I think I'm almost ready to go, and good timing, too, 'cause June wants me out of her house. She keeps saying that her 'Debt has been paid', and all that, so I guess I have to leave. I didn't know I'd met this woman before?

'course whenever she says that she says it to the rat, so…

Yeah. I dunno what's going on anymore. Life's so confusing, diary.

I'll tell you about that stuff tomorrow. Today, my escape! If I can… call it an escape, since I didn't really DO anything, myself!

By Friday of last week - hell, maybe it was Wednesday or Thursday, you can't tell how time passes in this bloody town, it's always dark and rainy! - the goblins were bored of me. I had less visitors than before. Only the nurse came regularly, and she started to look a bit more… um… 'wanting', I guess. And grabby. Kinda... butt-pinchy. Ew.

I cried until she left. Good defense mechanism, that, 'cause she got all awkward, 'n eventually she left me alone.

Then I thought about home, and my kingdom, and my family… my little Eve… even you, diary… and I cried for real. Not just a defense mechanism anymore. I was really sad. I didn't think I'd ever be getting out of there, and since nobody would speak English to me I figured I'd be alone forever. Very depressing stuff.

I was still crying when something knocked on my door, something very soft. I tried to peek out at it, 'cause it wouldn't stop knocking, but I couldn't see out the little window, and since nobody said anything I decided to keep quiet 'til it went away. It never did -

- and then, all of a sudden, the door blew open! I went flying 'cause it smacked me in the forehead, and the last thing I saw before I blacked out was a scraggly old woman with a rat on her shoulder, carrying a book.

Yep, you, diary. Dunno how she found you, but I'm glad she did.

And now, here I am, in June's hut, putting you down because the witch is telling me to stop scratching away in you, because she's trying to scratch away in her OWN book, and she says my scratching's a distraction. I think that's called tyranny, diary, but I can't complain. She's liable to turn me into a newt 'n use me in one of her brews. She's a witch, so she MUST have brews.

Sigh. More tomorrow, 'cause I have to leave tomorrow! Hopefully this old hag Better be careful in case she reads this, hopefully this lovely old woman will tell me what I'm supposed to do to cure my kingdom.

Yeesh. I've kinda lost track of what I'm doing out here.

Sincerely,

Dragomir the Adventurer

No comments:

Post a Comment