Thursday, November 24, 2011

Day Eighty-Four: Let's review


Not much to talk about today, diary, aside from a few visits from Libby and Robert between their shifts, so I think it's time I addressed all the shit that happened in, what, the last week? It's bloody confusing when I stop to consider it all!

To sum up:

- Somebody cured the castle before me - weeks before me! - and got paid a fortune for it

- The Baron never mentioned to the king that I started the foulfungus thing in the first place, which probably would've gotten me executed - does this mean I have a friend?

- There's some mysterious project going on in the castle

- That may involve my daughter!

- And she's now a Lord Knight! (How long was I gone?)

- The king has a dragon, and he wants to ride it, I think - or ride SOMETHING, which I guess is kinda kingly

- Rats are apparently intelligent, and they may or may not be on my side - the one that went with me has run off somewhere

- Philip is missing, or he hasn't come to visit me

- I'm destined, or something, to stop things that are 'not meant to exist' with some weapon that I… don't know what it is

- I'm 'not meant to exist', which is a mean thing to say

- And all this was told to me by some clawed-hand-ghost-thing in some ruins, far from here, which apparently stays awake (?) on the weekend and speaks with my dad's voice

Did I miss anything? Probably. My life has gotten really complicated. And my solution? I'm gonna ignore it ALL!

My time as an adventurer has taught me that it's not a good idea to get caught up in crazy shit. You know what I mean, diary? There's so much going on that I just can't keep track, and I don't WANT to keep track. I want a normal life again, even if that normal life is boring ol' guarding stuff. That's why I'm not that upset that I'm not a hero of the realm, 'cause I can, now, go back to Dragomir the Guard. Yep, that's me.

Ah. Normal. That will be so nice. Maybe I can stand around and do nothing for the rest of my life. Boring, yes, but sane! SANE, DIARY!

Could use some more hay,

Dragomir the Prisoner

No comments:

Post a Comment