Friday, February 3, 2012

Day One-Thirty-Five: The end of the library saga


Well, all is forgiven. Kinda.

Even though Robert the Librarian said I was banned, I knew I had to apologize. He may have been WAY off base with his attitude towards me… wrecking… his library… but he's still done more for me than I can ignore. So I went back.

As soon as Robert saw me, he had his pole in his hand, and if I'd taken another step inside the library I think he woulda called for the royal guards to take me away to the dungeon. I managed to keep him from flying too far off the handle, though, by immediately promising that I didn't come to work.

"Oh, good," he said, and he let his pole drop a bit. "I'm afraid you're not welcome to do that. Ever again. I don't understand - how did you become such a force of destruction once you started working here?! We didn't have any problems before!"

I shrugged. "I dunno. Bad luck, I guess…?" Or the fact that you're kind of a jackass…? And Robert wonders why I don't let him see you most of the time, diary.

Robert thought about that a moment, then shook his head. "No… no, I don't think so. I believe it stems from you being a worker rather than a patron. Patrons dirty the library. Why, you put books back in the wrong spots on several occasions during your previous visits, and I simply reordered them after you'd left."

"I did not. I was always careful to stick them back where I found 'em."

"Did so."

"Did not!"

"You did. But see, we're arguing again." Robert took a deep breath. "The point is, we are better off not working together. Is that not correct? You are a guard, and I am a librarian. Let us maintain that cordial relationship."

I couldn't argue with him. I do like Robert, and when you aren't working for the guy he's quite pleasant. So, yeah, no more working in the library for me. In exchange for that promise, he's agreed to let me visit the library again… though he told me to wait a week before coming back. Needs time to get over what happened.

Dunno why. The whole place looked exactly as it had before I dumped the shelf. How does that man do it? There's not a single scroll out of place, as far as I can tell… though I'll grant that I didn't get past the doorway…

Oh well. Back to guarding next week, I suppose. Do what you're born to do, right…? Sigh. At least I'm feeling better.

Sincerely,

Dragomir the Guard

1 comment:

  1. I am dissapointed he didn't roll in scrolls and ink to pretend to be a book (reference of last update), but I must say that it was a good ending to the Library saga...duh duh duuuuuuh! And thus peace and stability was restored to the galax...library.

    ReplyDelete