Friday, October 21, 2011

Day Sixty: I see stars, and they're all vomiting


I can't move any further, diary. I'm so tired, and so hungry, and I think drinking the rainwater is making me sick. Maybe I should stop drinking it out of the puddles and start drinking it as it falls from the sky…? But I don't want to show my face…

I'm still near the market district. There are no sheds to hide in here, so I'm huddled under a big pile of old wine barrels. Had to shoo some weird reptilian thing away that was living under here first. Hope it doesn't come back for revenge - I don't have a chance of killing it. Best I could do is annoy it with my raspy breathing and bad breath.

I'm feeling really bleh, diary. My head burns, probably from being wet for days on end, and I can't concentrate. My legs and my arms and my chest all hurt. It's like I've been running for days and only just decided to stop for a break. I'm not a marathon runner, so I don't know if this is ACTUALLY what running for days feels like, but I have a sneaking suspicion.

At least I can still write. My writing hand is alive and kickin'. Fingerin'. Whatever a hand does that's like kicking, but is for fingers instead. Yeargh, this makes no sense!

But, uh, yeah. I need to steal some food from the market. I don't think I have a choice. The place is huge, and there are lots of goblins wandering around, so the chances that I'll get caught filching are small. I just need a little something to get my body going again… even licking discarded food out of the mud would do...

Wish me luck, diary. I'm leaving you here. In case I get caught. Don't want the goblins to know what I'm up to. Dunno why - that might keep me out of trouble - but it seems like a good idea.

Sincerely,

Dragomir the Adventurer

No comments:

Post a Comment