Friday, December 11, 2015

Be Well To Each Other

Click these big 'ol letters to jump to the final entry.
It’s over.

After four years, and a few extra months on top, it’s finally over.

That statement sounds like a sigh of relief. ‘Jesus, it’s finally over. I can go do something else.’ But it’s not. Not exactly. I mean, yes, there is a sense of relief, but it only stems from finishing the story. The fact that I saw it through to the end, that I gave Dragomir’s Diary the conclusion I’d pictured for so damn long, is the relief. I planned and I schemed, and the result is to my satisfaction. (Mostly.)

But I’ll miss the writing. I’ll miss the characters. I’ll miss forcing myself to work on the plot in the wee hours of the night, only to forget fatigue and quickly get sucked into the world, time and time again. Thinking about a Dragomir entry was a pain; starting it was a pain; actually writing it was a joy. If it wasn’t a joy I would have stopped long ago.

Thank you for reading. I hope you enjoyed Dragomir’s Diary as much as I have. The conclusion is ambiguous - deliberately ambiguous, in most respects - but you can fill it in with your own happy ending. I hope you give the cast the respite they deserve, deep in the creative recesses of your own imagination.

If you want a happy ending, stop here. Imagine the credits sequence. It’s short, and it’s mostly my name over and over, but it’s accompanied by some lovely music. It’s the kind of sequence you would expect from a role-playing game, and Dragomir’s Diary is very much patterned after role-playing games.

Happy ending. 

But.

As you may know.

Some role-playing games have multiple endings.

9 comments:

  1. Wow...just...wow

    This was awesome ride from start to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember some years ago, when i would happily run to my computer after a tiresome school class and find some relief and joy reading the adventures of Dragomir... its because of him that i have my own diary now... *will start reading it again, since i didn't finish reading it... Thanks, Autor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welp, I don't have a lot of time to me left in my life, and I popped back on your site just because I lost my page, and actually seeing that you reached the end was... weird, and a relief, to know that there was going to be an end, and a pain, to know that it will not continue forever.

    So, before I had the time to actually read it, thank you for finishing your project, for a very nice (and long) story (nice, till when I stopped) and again, thank you for all the fun and distraction and small nights of catch up when I discovered Dragomir and everything.

    You are a boss!

    With many more thanks,
    The French Anon

    ReplyDelete
  4. is there a place where i can download all of it

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm crying, Why did you end this?!? Are you working on anything else like this that I can read? Thank you for giving the world such a great story!
    P.S. I'm sorry, my thoughts are all jumbled BECAUSE YOU ENDED THE STORY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ��������������������

      Delete
    2. For me, here is a combination of the sadness of finding out that it's over AND catching up! Anyway, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS!

      Delete