Monday, August 4, 2014

Season Four!

Howdy, folks. We've come a long way together, and Dragomir's Diary is almost done. There's only one season left to go, beginning next week. Hopefully it will jive with your expectations and provide a satisfactory conclusion to the story. Thanks a lot for joining me on this weird, silly, sometimes dark journey.

Season Four of Dragomir's Diary is going to be a little different.

- From now on, I'll only be posting on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. A three-entry format will allow me to cut down on the 'filler' material that permeated the previous seasons. You can only bullshit so much detail five days a week before you start to run low. The new format will also allow me to expand on each entry, which, given the amount of stuff I have to cover in the final season, should be to the story's advantage.

- Dragomir's Diary is no longer first-person. I'm switching to a third-person narrative. (But don't worry, the diary will still be around.) This will allow me to hop from character to character more easily, though Dragomir will still get more screen time than anyone else. It'll also give me a chance to polish my descriptive writing.

- I'm going to make an effort to post the instalments at the same time each day. Unlike intelligent writers, I don't prepare my posts in advance. I copy and paste from a document and post right away. This has, especially of late, resulted in a weird posting schedule (4 am some days, 12 pm others, 4 or 5 pm yet others). I'd prefer this not happen, so I'll try to schedule my posts for roughly 12 am EDT. No more waiting through the day.

I have a crapload of loose ends that need to be tied, so this will be an interesting, fast-paced season. I hope you all enjoy reading it as much as I'm sure I'll enjoy writing it.

On Wednesday: an eeeeearly picture of Dragomir, transformed into a you-know-what. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. I loved the diary format, but I must say that I have been enjoying the narrative format lately. It's been great to see your work evolve over time. The changes over time of the diary author, Mindless Walkabout, the images in the diary, and the recent third person format all help to paint a more vivid picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun to write as the various characters, but I think it became too easy after a while. Writing from a third-person perspective forces a greater level of detail and stylistic challenge than a simple account. Here's hoping it works out in the long run.

      Delete