Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Day Seven-Thirty-Three: A long overdue conversation


I guess I'll let the conversation speak for itself. I don't have the energy to describe anything today. I'm not getting enough sleep, and when I do sleep... let's just say that the ball of light hasn't come back a second time.

Grylock: "Jeffrey. C'mere."

Jeffrey: "..."

Grylock: "Don't just sit there, ye ponce. Over here. I canna stand up so well. My legs are fucked."

Jeffrey: "..."

Grylock: "... fine. I'll come te ye. Selfish twat, makin' a sick man move 'bout to yer pleasure."

Jeffrey: "..."

Grylock: "Ack. Old bones. Guess ye haven't changed much since the good ol' days. Remember those? When ye stuck me in the stocks... ack... 'n forced me te moon my own kingdom? Great times. And aye, they probably didna see my arse, but they felt it, I'm sure. Dead sure."

Jeffrey: "..."

Grylock: "Ahhh. Settled. Ye've got a more comfortable pile o' sand here, Jeff. Been holdin' out on me. Sick men deserve such things more, 'n fuck knows I've earned a bit of rest. Ye always been so selfish, Jeff?"

Jeffrey: "..."

Grylock: "Ye e'er lost anyone before, Jeff?"

Jeffrey: "..."

Grylock: "Guess that's a no. Sucks, doesn't it? 'specially when ye might've lost two. And children, no less! Your flesh 'n blood! S'okay, though - I'm sure yer old lady'd be more than willin' te help you make some more. So long as ye apologize for losin' the first two. Get on yer hands 'n knees, like."

Jeffrey: "..."

Grylock: "I've ne'er been the kind te resort to bendin', Jeff. Not my style. Bend te shit, maybe, but that's a different matter. Not even to m'king will I take to m'knee. Or if I do, I cross my fingers. Know what I mean?"

Jeffrey: "..."

Grylock: "'course ye do. That's the great irony 'bout yer life, Jeff: ye've bent your knee to everything. You, the great 'n mighty king. Ye always bend, and ye always will bend. You're made te bend. I find that right hilarious, I do."

Jeffrey: "..."

Grylock: "Ahhh. Guess ye don't get the joke. Heh... ahem... sorry, got te spit out some phlegm; hope ye don't mind if I get it in yer hair."

Jeffrey: "..."

Grylock: "Guess not. Disgustin'. Ye're the lowest o' the low, Jeff. Shame your kiddies got saddled with you. Hell, I'd have made a better dad, 'n I'm a fuckin' bastard. Bein' scummier than me... quite a feat."

Jeffrey: "..."

Grylock: "I wonder... ye know, I've barely had any chances te use the ol' poisonheart. Poor dear's been riding on my hip for near a year-and-a-half. Only killed a few folks in that time. Guess I'm soon te be one of 'em, eh? Heh. Former assassin, killed 'cause his gods-be-damned weapon poisoned 'im. Shame I only figured that out a month ago..."

Jeffrey: "..."

Grylock: "Shame... would ye like me te use it on you...?"

Jeffrey: "..."

Grylock: "Could make it quick... slice it right across yer throat... Celine thought slittin' throats was a right dandy way of killin' a person, and I have te admit I do agree... though I'd rather leave ye twitchin' and writhin' from a poisoned cut - "

Jeffrey: "Do it."

Grylock: "He speaks! What'd ye say?"

Jeffrey: "Do it. Kill me. Don't care how. Just... do it."

Grylock: "Ah. Well, there's a problem with that."

Jeffrey: "..."

Grylock: "Aren't ye curious what the problem is?"

Jeffrey: "What is the problem?"

Grylock: "Answer's no. That's the problem."

Jeffrey: "I hate you. More than anything."

Grylock: "Feeling's mutual, bucko. But there's another problem too, 'n ye might not begrudge me this one."

Jeffrey: "..."

Grylock: "Truth is, I'm a wee bit tired of killin'. Been at it my whole life. It's dandy-well fun, but I fear it's put me on a one-way trip te whatever bad place waits in the great beyond. Not sure I believe in said bad place, mind, but stackin' your odds... well. Can't hurt, even if it's at the end of your life. The gods surely wouldn't look favourably on me slayin' an idiot."

Jeffrey: "..."

Grylock: "'sides, if there's even the smallest chance I'd be meetin' Logan or Celine when I cross over, I wouldn't want yer body hangin' over my shoulders like a pelt. Celine hasn't quite earned m'love, but Logan..."

Jeffrey: "..."

Grylock: "Ye don't deserve a quick-witted boy like that, Jeffrey. Ye don't."

Running low on water. Grylock's feverish a lot of the time, and he drinks too much. Food is holding out, but without water, we're fucked.


Dragomir

1 comment: