Monday, August 26, 2013

Day Five-Hundred-Sixteen: The day of the nudies


Oooooooooh, I don't think I'm allowed to touch Libby like that anymore.

The bellow of my wife as she discovered her third pregnancy belly was enough to rattle the rooftops of Pubton. I'm pretty sure her roar blew out one of my ears, if not both. I still have a slight buzz in my head. I can only hear it in the quiet of the night, but, trust me. It's there.

The roar was accompanied, in short order, by a furious WHAM of her fist. It sent me sprawling out of bed and into a nearby wall, where a slight concussion added to the lingering effects of sleep. I tried to inquire about the problem, but I think my question came out as "Bbbrrrbrlllprl?"

Libby jumped out of bed and slapped her belly. "This! This this THIS THIS THIS! WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS, YOU FUCKING HORNDOG? TWO WASN'T ENOUGH FOR YOU? TWO FUCKING MONSTERS WASN'T ENOUGH? FUCK!"

Crawling away from the wall, attempting to worm my way back into bed, I held up a supplicating hand. "Libby, m'love, you're… talking again -"

Libby grabbed my 'supplicating hand' and twisted. I heard a crack. My pinky might be broken. I'm not sure. I wobbles weirdly. Add it to the list of injuries. (Still missing two teeth. Do they grow back? I don't rightly know.)

Once I was back on the floor and wincing in pain, Libby grabbed her clothes and left. She stormed out of the room in her pyjamas, prominent belly wobbling. I haven't seen her since, and not for lack of looking - hell, I've been on my feet all day, hunting for my pregnant wife in every building and corner Pubton has to offer. There's nary a sign of her. Everyone else is also on the lookout, but…

Skimming back on what I've written, I don't sound that concerned. Trust me, I am concerned. I'm extremely bloody concerned. Libby wasn't in her right mind before this happened, and now… now that she's faced with the prospect of another child, ripping her world apart… gods. I can only imagine what will happen. I'm scared.

But I'm also giddy. How often do you get a third chance to do something right? Something you feel you were born to do? I get to be a DADDY AGAIN! And come all the hells of all the worlds, I swear that I'll raise this child to be well-adjusted, loving, caring, and not the least bit psychotic. Just you wait and see.

… assuming I find Libby, of course. I really wish she'd stop taking off like this. It seems like I only just got her back from the last time.

Back to the search. Libby's a bit ponderous when she's carrying a kid, and this belly developed in record time. I'm hoping it will slow her down and force her to ground. Then I can swoop in and bring her home.

Sincerely,


Dragomir the To-Be-Father-Number-Three-How-Awesome-Is-That

1 comment: