Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Day Four-Eighty-Three: I said 'No Admittance'


Blast. This is frustrating. Nothing I try seems to work.

I spent all of last night dreaming up a way past June's ever-present guards. Antonia's eyes unnerved me every second I was awake, but by the time I dropped down into a snooze I thought I had a solid list of ways to get at June. Turns out most of them were stupid ideas, which, in retrospect, is usually true of the things I plan. I'm not good at this schemin' stuff.

My first thought was pure sneakiness. I made my way towards the next mountain in the mountain range, and after a while Antonia stopped following me. (I assume that June's powers of control have a limited range.) I figured I might be able to sneak up on June's cave from the rear…

… but, no. As soon as I got to the foothills of June's mountain, Antonia found me. She sat, and watched, and blocked my every attempt to get past.

Second try: talking. Antonia hasn't shown any signs of June's personality, and I wondered if I might be able to get through to her true mind. Which is to say, her orcish mind. Not, you know, the werewolf mind. (That's a lot of layers for one person.)

Did it work? 'course not. I might as well have been talking to a wall. Antonia didn't respond to a thing I said, save to snap at me and chase me away from her after a solid half hour of endless jabbering. I was singing off-key by the end, so I guess I annoyed her too much?

The third idea, conjured up in a moment of heat-induced irritation, was digging. I figured I might be able to burrow under Antonia and get to the mountain Hypermole-style. Antonia didn't even bother to try and stop me.

I regained my senses after a while, namely when I'd torn off a fingernail trying to dislodge a rock, and from that sprang my fourth idea: faking an injury. I swooned, raised my bloody hand high for Antonia to see, and collapsed. I figured she might drag me into Pubtwon, and from there I could sneak to June's cave.

Antonia threw a rock at me. Dinged me right in the head. I swore at her. That ended the charade.

My fifth attempt, and final for the day, was miserable begging. I pleaded with June to listen to me and let me in. All I needed was five minutes of her time, dammit! Just five minutes! Alas, it was not to be, for Antonia offered no sympathy, nor did any of June's other slaves. In fact, one of the labourers had the cheek to come out and moon me! Bare-assed!

So that's that. My second day of infiltration is a failure. I'm huddled in the wagon right now, by a candle, cursing the sunburns on my neck. I don't know how much longer I can stand this weather, as the wagon isn't the best shelter in the world. Gotta feel sorry for Antonia, since she's still watching me. The sun's gotta be baking her.

Blargh. Every minute I have to fuck around with this witch is another minute where Libby might be in danger. Grayson can't hold off lycanthropy forever…

Fuck. FUCK.

Sincerely,


Dragomir the Co-Mayor

2 comments:

  1. Dragomir...you fool...why have you yet to build a catapult or trebuchet to launch yourself at her cave? Goddammit man, do we have to do everything for you!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He needs Libby to build a trebuchet. She's missing. He has to get her back. To get her back, he needs a trebuchet. The circle is vicious and ever-repeating.

      Delete